IBNREG – the International Barcode Registry – is a unique, cloud-based service that gives access to contact information and/or product information for companies that are using registered barcodes.
The barcodes used by these companies are legally purchased and independently registered. Product information is uploaded by the company directly, so it can be trusted to be accurate.
By simply typing a product barcode number into IBNREG, anyone can find the owner’s contact information and/or product information for that barcode number.
Who Uses IBNREG?
- Consumers looking for more product information than is printed on the packaging.
- Consumers looking for more manufacturer information than is printed on the packaging.
- Buyers in retail stores, hardware chains and supermarkets looking for contact information when sourcing new products.
- App designers looking for accurate sources of information about retail barcode numbers.
- Distributors checking the legitimacy of products they are considering distributing.
- Online retailers (eg Amazon) wanting to check the accuracy of information about products listed for sale.
IBNREG is a service provided by the International Barcodes Network (which is owned by International Barcodes Ltd). Contact [email protected]
How do I register my barcode numbers on the IBNREG Database?
You can purchase registration for your barcode number(s) from International Barcodes Ltd here: https://internationalbarcodes.com/barcode-registration/
You will need to send proof that you are the owner of your barcode number(s) before you’ll be able to register them (e.g. an email or receipt from the company you purchased the barcodes from).
If your barcode number(s) were issued by a member of the International Barcodes Network then they will be eligible for free registration, and you can register your barcode number(s) here: https://barcodesdatabase.org/barcode-registration/ (this information will feed through to ibnreg.org).